Bill Nussey, partner at Engage and Tech Square Ventures, shares his extraordinary journey that began with a TED Talk and led to creating the #1 ranked renewable energy podcast, Freeing Energy. With a recently published groundbreaking book titled Freeing Energy: How Innovators Are Using Local-scale Solar and Batteries to Disrupt the Global Energy Industry from the Outside, Bill has become a leading voice in the pursuit of onsite and local energy solutions.
Today, he sits down with Gareth and Dan to share his thoughts on the clean energy sector, navigating tough times in business, breaking free from utility dependence, and the exciting prospects that lie ahead in the renewable energy industry. Listen in to learn how a few passionate minds have the power to shape a sustainable future for all, as well as the importance of energy independence and creating awareness within the industry.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The power of clean energy.
- What made Bill so passionate about energy.
- How to get through tough times in business.
- How businesses can get out from underneath the utilities.
- What Bill is most excited about for the future of energy.
- Bill’s thoughts on the smart grid.
- The value in bringing awareness to renewable energy.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Clean energy is one of the most regulated industries in the world.” – Bill Nussey
- “The tough times are what make you turn the grit up and get incredibly creative.” – Bill Nussey
- “You just need a couple of people to change the world.” – Bill Nussey
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Bill Nussey: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Podcast
- Freeing Energy: How Innovators Are Using Local-scale Solar and Batteries to Disrupt the Global Energy Industry from the Outside by Bill Nussey
- Bill’s energy-related presentations
- Gareth Evans: LinkedIn
- Dan Roberts: LinkedIn
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…