FOR RELEASE: April 29, 2021
VECKTA & Launch Alaska Partnership
Bringing energy solutions to the front line of the Energy Transition
San Diego, CA: VECKTA today announced a new partnership with Launch Alaska. This partnership will see the deployment of sustainable and game changing energy solutions to businesses and communities in Alaska.
The Partnership is two-fold:
- VECKTA has progressed through the demanding 4 phases of Launch Alaska’s Technology Deployment Track cohort for 2020-21 to become a part of the Launch Alaska portfolio of companies.
- VECKTA and Launch Alaska have subsequently signed a partnership agreement, whereby Launch Alaska will leverage VECKTA’s market platform to Accelerate, Optimize, Finance and Deploy customized Distributed Energy solutions.
“Being a part of the Launch Alaska 2020/21 Tech Deployment Track has been a fantastic learning and growth experience for VECKTA. Having the ability to further our partnership to bring sustainable and profitable energy solutions to businesses and communities that are on the front line of facing the risks and opportunities in the energy transition is incredible. Team VECKTA could not be more excited!” says Gareth Evans, CEO, VECKTA.
“The VECKTA market platform will provide Launch Alaska’s and its Innovation Partners increased access to vendor and financial markets at a scale that will empower rapid opportunity identification, generate strategic implementation plans and increase the velocity of project deployment. We’re excited to collaborate with the VECKTA team to provide real time feedback while leveraging the platform’s powerful toolsets to accelerate the resource revolution in Alaska.” says Rob Roys, Chief Innovation Officer, Launch Alaska.
The benefits of this new partnership include:
- Sustainable and profitable Distributed Energy solutions for businesses, communities and the supply chain throughout Alaska and beyond.
- Launch Alaska will use the VECKTA Market Platform to design, package (source, procure and contract services and equipment) and offer integrated Distributed Energy Systems (DES), for example microgrids, battery energy storage systems (BESS), combined heat and power (CHP), solar power, etc.
- Launch Alaska is working with local project partners to originate and develop a portfolio of projects utilizing the VECKTA market platform to create regional implementation strategies.
- Launch Alaska will collaborate with VECKTA to continuously improve the product.
About VECKTA: VECKTA is the Energy Transition Market Platform and a Joint Venture between Worley and XENDEE. VECKTA integrates the world’s most advanced energy system engineering tools with an end-to-end marketplace to bring together all the stakeholders to assess, design, supply, build, and finance microgrids and other Distributed Energy Systems (DES). VECKTA empowers businesses and communities to quickly and easily baseline their energy situation today, customize a solution specific to their needs (cost, reliability and/or emissions) and then seamlessly engage and contract the best equipment, services, and capital providers in the market to finance, deploy and operate it sustainably and profitably.
About Launch Alaska: Developing and deploying solutions to climate change has the potential to radically improve our world, moving us away from pollution and extraction, and towards equity, access, and abundance. Launch Alaska views startups as the key to a needed industrial re-revolution—driving the rapid modernization and decarbonization of our critical systems to mitigate the causes and effects of climate change, while unlocking incredible economic opportunity.
The challenges are massive. But the solutions are exciting, and we’re proud to partner with game-changing startups from all over the globe to amplify their efforts to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems.